Engineering & Procurement
Measure engineering progress and stay on task
Details matter, especially in projects and their progress. Many project managers wonder what the best approach for coming up with an accurate and objective measure of percent complete is— whether for a task, discipline, area, contract or even an entire project. The answer: You need to get into the details.
With Contruent Enterprise, users can measure engineering progress at the task, deliverable and package-level, and electronically link scheduling activities from third party scheduling software and calculate engineering schedule variances. Finally, engineering data is linked to cost management data, in the Contruent Cost solution, in order to calculate the cost of the work done.
Control engineering progress to ensure success
Eliminate dependency on spreadsheets
Greatly improve process workflows
- Define, status, and progress engineering documents and other deliverables
- Group and organize documents with flexible coding
- Establish hour budgets by tasks and deliverables
- Accurately measure progress by incorporating milestones
- Calculate and report performance and productivity
- Eliminate schedule creep with real-time visibility into progress
- Status the engineering deliverables using milestones
- Link packages to schedule to calculate time-phased project plan
Complex projects require a project-level procurement process
Project procurement management is one of the fundamental knowledge areas of project management, yet many capital project organizations treat procurements for complex megaprojects the same as procurements for everyday business operations. This practice can lead to significant project delays, cost overruns, and other issues as most equipment and materials procured for projects need to be tracked individually. Corporate ERP procurement systems and processes lack the transparency and level of control required to manage project procurements at the necessary level of detail.
Contruent Enterprise provides the required functionality to manage the complete procurement process for the lifecycle of any megaproject. Users can manage requisitions and purchase orders, handle procurement scheduling, shipment expediting and supplier evaluations all within our software solution.
Streamline and simplify procurement processing
Increase operational and capital efficiency
Enhance visibility and control portfolio-wide
- Develop bid packages from requisitions, perform bid analysis, and award purchase orders
- Generate engineering requisitions and purchase orders
- Track shipments of materials and equipment
- Measure fabrication progress against the project schedule
- Record invoices and payments to complete purchase order transactions
- Maintain supplier performance scorecards
Corporate procurement systems are very rarely built with functionality that allows users to see the details that project procurement needs– tracking materials and process equipment at the detailed level required for projects.